Advent and Carlyle would invest Rs 8,898 billion to Yes Bank


Share This Post

A $1.1 billion investment by private equity investors Advent and Carlyle was accepted by the board of Yes Bank NSE 2.75 percent, bringing an end to months of talks and advancing the institution closer to its full recovery.

59 percent of the investment will be made up of an upfront payment for equity, and the remaining 41 percent will be made up of warrants that, after 18 months, will be converted into shares. The investors will pay 25% up front, though, as the warrants are also being given on a preferential basis. The bank would receive a Rs 6,044 crore immediate capital infusion.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Get updates and learn from the best

More To Explore